Lockdown has certainly changed the way modern civilization was living. Especially for fitness freaks and regular gym loving person with limited outer activities. COVID 19 has certainly brought a once in a lifetime situation for human beings. We have now become caged inside our homes. Here we have come up with 5 exercises to keep you positive in this social distancing situation. These will help you to stay fit, positive, and keep your body shape in check.
- First of all Stand with your feet hip-width apart. And then let your toes facing straight ahead.
- Now let your knees bend slowly, ease the hips back behind you still keeping your torso straight and feel the abs pulled in tight.
- Make sure to hold knees behind your toes. You should have the same direction pose to reap benefits.
- Let the body squat as low as you can, and now push into your heels to stand up.
You can also add more variations at home by adding dumbbells with
- One-leg squat
- Wall sit
- Squat with one dumbbell
- Squat with two dumbbells
- Wide leg squat
- Front squat
Benefit: Build muscle, burn fat, and increase strength
2. Elbow Plank
- Stary by Lying face down on the mat while elbows resting on the floor next to your chest. (Check image)
- Now give a push to your body off the floor in a push-up position thus putting all body weight on your elbows or hands.
- Now hold the position for a minimum of 30 seconds in this straight line. You can repeat and increase the time gradually.
- For starters, you can put pressure on knees and then moving up on your toes.
- Core conditioning
- Develop strength in the shoulders, arms, and glutes
- Tone your belly,
- Strengthen your lower back and
- Improve your balance and posture
- Best exercises to stretch and relax muscle groups
- Just go on to stand on your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Let your body into a squatting position while placing your hands on the floor in front of you.
- Let the feet move back and get in a push-up like position.
- Lower your chest and come in a push-up position.
- Now push your feet back to the initial squat stance.
- Then stand up, jump and clap your hand above the head.
- A full-body strength training exercise
- Working out the arms, chest, quads, glutes, hamstrings, and abs.
4. High Knees
One of the easiest exercises to do in homes is High Knees. This on-spot running exercise can keep the body motion in check with high knee lifts.
- Stand with your feet in direct line with hips.
- Now lift your knee-high as far as chest and then back to the original position
- Repeat the same posture with your left leg.
- Now do simultaneously in a rhythm
- Improve running form
- Flexibility of the lower body
5. Jumping Jacks
- Start by standing straight while keeping back straight.
- Now raise your hands and jump.
- Land with your feet apart.
- Now repeat the same process again and again while increasing the speed to put more
- pressure on your body.
- Full body stretching
- Strengthens legs muscle
This lockdown situation has made life tough for everyone. These exercises can help you add more positivity in life. Though Simple and yet powerful, these exercises can bring the best out of your shape in this post lockdown era. Many are feeling traumatized and feeling the pressure being forced inside their home. Doing simple exercises can help you to stretch your body and let the spirits high when we overcome challenges of CoronaVirus. And let the negativity pass by keeping ourselves motivated through these exercises.
Stay inside and stay fit to enjoy a more fit and healthy lifestyle.