In this technically enriched world, we all know the immense importance of email service providers both on a professional and personal level. There are plenty of competitions in today’s world, and seeking an established, fast, secured, and advanced featured email service provider seems to be a tough task. However, it is true that even in this severe competition, nothing beats Yahoo as it ensures exclusive features, top-quality services, quick spam alerts, Reply-to alerts, Mail forwarding alerts, and many others. Yahoo has a huge fan base across the world, yet there are few important issues errors faced by the users, including Yahoo Mail not responding, Yahoo Mail not working on Chrome, or Yahoo Mail blocked. Now, there are several issues behind the blocking of Yahoo Mail. Here in this blog, you can check out the reason, symptoms, and solution to fix the blocking error.
Common Reasons behind the blocking of Yahoo Mail Account
There are many reasons behind the blocking of your Yahoo Mail Account. It is immensely important to know the reasons as it plays a vital role in seeking an appropriate solution to it. Here are a few common reasons behind the blocking of Yahoo Mail Account. Check out to know more!
Sending too many emails or exceeding the limit:
It is also a common error as many times, and users do send emails in bulk, which ultimately cross the limit. And so, your Yahoo Email Accounts gets instantly blocked.
The intervention of a third party or hacking:
If you are facing any suspicious activity in your account, that is because someone is trying to hack your account. Usually, it creates issues and blocks your account.
Entering incorrect passwords many times repetitively:
Your Yahoo Mail Password is the key or main access to all your Yahoo Account Services. However, it is common for the users to forget the password as users frequently keep on asking a question like how can I recover my Yahoo Mail Password? Users do forget their password and often panic, and so they do end up entering the wrong password many times, which ultimately leads to blocking of your Yahoo Mail Account.
Apart from the above-mentioned reasons, there are several other causes too behind the emergence of this issue, such as:
- Issues in POP/IMAP Settings
- Log in or using your Yahoo Account at various locations
- Unauthorized access to your Yahoo Account
- Marking Spam on any invaluable email
Unblock or Unlock Yahoo Mail Account
If your Yahoo Mail is blocked, it will automatically get unlocked just after 12 hours. But, if you wish to revive it before that, there are simple steps you are supposed to follow.
- At first, you are supposed to go to the ‘Yahoo help Forum’ Page
- After that, you must click on the ‘Account Locked’ Message
- Then, click on the ‘Sign-in helper.’
- After performing all the steps, either you are supposed to enter your Yahoo Mail Address or even your registered phone number, or you must enter your Recovery email address or phone number
- After this, An Account key will be sent to your recovery email or phone
- Then, you are supposed to answer all your security question for recovery
- If you do follow the above-given steps, you can easily get rid of your blocked Yahoo Mail account.
Alternative Method to unlock/ unblock Yahoo Mail
Here’s another reason behind the blocking of Yahoo Mail Account. When you log in to your Yahoo Mail Account, in the form of packets, cookies are stored on Yahoo servers. Now, with the help of cookies only, it remembers your account. However, when someone tries to sign in to your Yahoo Account with a wrong password, all your cookies will be deleted. If this keeps on repeating several times, the cookies expire. At this point, Yahoo Filters considers this a suspicious activity and ultimately blocks your account for 12 or 24 hours temporarily. To unblock your account, you can follow these steps:
- At first, you must try to login into your Yahoo Mail Account from a different server
- This will ultimately be helpful in the formation of new cookies
- As new cookies will have any information or connectivity with the old cookies, which will ultimately unlock your Yahoo Mail Account
Apart from that, you can also follow another method to save your Yahoo Mail Account from getting blocked. Have a look at the steps:
- At first, from the email client software, you are supposed to remove POP and IMAP settings
- You must remove access to all third party software and apps
- You are required to use any other browser to login to your Yahoo Mail Account.
A Password plays a vital role in keeping Yahoo Mail Account safe. And so, it is important for you to keep changing your Yahoo Mail password in order to avoid any suspicious activity or third-party intervention in your account. And so, as a user, you must know how to change your password on Yahoo Mail? Here you can check out a few common steps to change your Yahoo Mail Account in order to keep it protected and secured.
At first, you are supposed to open your Yahoo Mail Account
And then, Tap on the Yahoo Mail Icon
After that, you are supposed to click on the three-dot menu that is located at the top left corner of the screen
- You can also seek for search bar
- Then, you must click on Manage Accounts
- Now, in the signed-in account list, you must seek your Account name
- Just below the name of your account, you must click on Account info
- Click on Security Settings
- And then, you must enter your new password
- Click on Change Password
- Click on ‘I would rather change my password.’
- You must click on create a new password in the ‘New Password’ text field
- Then rewrite it as well
- Click on the continue button
Undeniably, Yahoo appears to be one of the most popular and acknowledged email service providers. Yet, there are several common issues associated with it; Yahoo Email Account Blocked is one of them. There are plenty of reasons behind the issue, including entering the wrong password or sending bulk email. Here, in this blog, you can check out three different ways to resolve this error instantly.