Situation still tense in Kashmir amid Corona Virus Pandemic


When the world is busy in combat with the coronavirus, the terrorists planned to shiver Kashmir again. In the valley, a car packed with 60kg explosives has been detained by a team of security forces in South Kashmir’s Pulwama district. As per the sources, it might be another plan to create terror as in the 2019 suicide bombing of a CRPF bus that killed 40 soldiers.

The Jammu and Kashmir police detonated the explosives in an isolated place as it was too risky to defuse the explosives. J & K police released a video in which a car can be seen turning into a huge fire fall.

A Kashmir police officer Rayees Mohammad Bhat said “This is such great work. Imagine if this had led to the loss of lives. Just grateful this is not mixed in with human ash.”He also tweeted a 9-second video describing it as the “ashfall” from the explosion.

According to J&K police, it might be a plan of Waleed Bhai, a notorious bomb-maker of the Jaish-e-Mohammed terror group. According to the source, Jammu and Kashmir Police chief Dilbag Singh said that,

“This is purely a Jaish and Lashkar joint operation. But the (terror) factory is located in Pakistan, whether it produces terrorists of Hizbul, Jaish, or the TRF (The Resistance Front).”

As per the initial report of intelligence to the J&K Police which led to an overnight operation in Pulwama was that a Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist was driving the car. But the input does not mention any particular route which will be taken by the terrorist group.

“So joint teams of the J&K police, CRPF and Army mapped all the possible routes and set up checkpoints,” a Jammu and Kashmir police officer said.

The car which was suspected to be carrying the bomb was spotted at Ayekhand, the security forces who had positioned themselves away from the road started firing at the car. The terrorist drove for a bit then stopped the car and escaped in the jungle.

The explosives were being carried in a drum on the rear seat of the Santro car which had a fake registration plate. “Possibly more explosives could be fitted elsewhere in the vehicle,” a police officer said.