Table tennis, better known as table tennis, is a very entertaining and strategic sport at the same time. It is one of the most preferred disciplines by young people and adults, as it does not require as much physical effort as tennis, thanks to the fact that the entire game is played around a table tennis table.
However, to become an expert in the sport and stand out from the rest is not easy. Table tennis involves a lot of practice and intelligence, since the game refers to your opponent not answering the ball sent, so your throw must be planned.
That is why here we will give you some tips to become a master playing table tennis.
TIP 1: FIND A PLACE TO PRACTICE
It is necessary that you practice the sport constantly, this will help you make the game easier, especially if you are a beginner.
There are many places where this sport is trained with people trained in the activity. It is recommended when playing, use the regulatory implements like best table tennis racket, ball, table etc. Starting playing at the table tennis table. You can also choose to buy the complete equipment and install it in the patio of your house.
TIP 2: WATCH TUTORIALS
Surfing the internet you will find several Youtube videos who love table tennis. Many of them upload videos with tips and tricks to learn the sport on their channel.
You will see that you will entertain yourself and learn a lot without having to invest so much money.
TIP 3: GET INFORMED
When we start to practice a new sport it is good that we inform ourselves about it. Knowing a bit of its history will make us better players and not improvised ones. Remember that the most valuable thing about something is the knowledge that they leave us.
TIP 4: WATCH YOUR OPPONENT
Your rival is the key to success, if you learn to read his shots you will be able to respond to him without so much effort. One trick to achieve this is by looking at the opponent’s paddle as he hits the ball, his shot will be almost predictable.
TIP 5: BUILD A TECHNIQUE
From the beginning we said that table tennis is very strategic, that is why we must put together a technique. Do not force to do one, as this is obtained from practice and the knowledge acquired. You will see that without realizing it you have already learned when it is easier to score points or how you should throw the ball so that it is directed with more force.
TIP 6: MAKE YOUR SHOTS INSTINCTIVE
With a lot of practice, you will get your shots to become instinctive. That is, the body will move almost immediately to catch the ball, It will even appear to be moving on its own. You will no longer have to stop for a few seconds to think, because the analysis will be immediate.
TIP 7: JOIN A CLUB
Once you have passed all the above points, you are ready to join a club and develop your skills professionally.
These are some extra data or tips for people who enter this fantastic sport, from the implements to use to how to obtain a better playing technique in a short time.
To start table tennis is an anti-stress sport, if you are going to practice it you should do it for pleasure. Many of the people who practice this sport have managed to progress in their way of playing in a short time due to the ease of the game, even more because of the constant practice of it. Playing with someone your level or a little higher helps a lot and keeps you from losing faith in you.
The following tips that we have come to present you are basic tips to help you in your performance when playing. But it does not mean that they are the only ones to follow, since participating in different events and attending table tennis lessons leads to learning multiple game techniques, it will also allow you to develop your own style of play.
It is recommended when playing, use the regulatory implements (rackets, ball, table) but not mandatory, starting playing at the table in your kitchen is a start.
- The idea is to catch him, practice the game, and practice hand-eye coordination. Therefore practicing with the wall can develop your agility and your ability to react.
- The serve and the reception are basic touches to play table tennis, hitting from side to side or from top to bottom will give the desired effect to the ball so that the opponent has greater difficulty when responding.
- Knowing how to hold the racket and have a good posture is essential for everyone who practices this sport.
- The play styles of each person varies based on the strengths in their favour. Playing on the attack all the time or defending yourself and forcing the opponent to make a mistake, are styles of play that are developed based on the perception of each one. Likewise, using the opponent’s weak points and using them against him are strategies that each one must discover.
- Developing tricks over time to prevent the opponent from dominating the game, making a killer serve or pretending to give a shot and hit the ball gently are one of these.
- For the development of free movement of the game, it is convenient to agree the rules with the opponent to play, especially if you play with an opponent “who does not like to lose” in order to avoid tensions during the game. If you do not know the rules, consult the Table Tennis Regulations.
If you follow these tips, your level of play will increase rapidly over time and with each game.