Despite the emergence of many popular email platforms, ATT Email is increasingly being used by many people. Constant bug fixes and advanced features make it among the widely used email platforms today. However, issues occur when you are unable to access your ATT email account, even after using correct login credentials. While there could be multiple reasons for the occurrence of such issues, you can follow some simple troubleshooting steps to get rid of them. Read on to explore the various scenarios when ATT email problems could occur and what troubleshooting measures you can take to resolve them.
What Are Causes of ATT Email Problems?
Ranging from the inability to open your ATT email account to sending any email using the ATT email platform, ATT email problems and their causes could be many. First, any glitches with your internet connection could restrict you from accessing ATT email or any other website. Besides, lack of communication between your modem and the router could also lead to many issues. Ensure that the Ethernet cable connecting your modem and the router has no defect. In case there is any physical damage to the cable, replace it with a new one. These are some of the common causes that often lead to problems with your ATT Email. Now, let’s have a look at some scenarios one by one.
- Can’t log into your ATT Email account: Instances happen when you are unable to log into your ATT Email account; however you are able to browse the internet and other websites. In such cases, you must ensure that the username and the password you are using to log into your ATT email account is correct. In case you are assured that the login credentials are correct, it is recommended that you change the login password. To do that, you can click on the “Forgot Username” option, enter your alternate email ID or the linked phone number, use the verification code to set a new password. Once you change the ATT email login password, you can use it to sign into your account and access your emails.
- Unable to send emails: If you are able to sign into your ATT email account; however, you can’t send any emails, ensure that the internet connection is stable. Check if there are any issues with your Internet Services Provider (ISP). Try using an alternate web browser to access your email and send a message to someone. For example, if you use Mozilla Firefox to access your ATT email, try using Google Chrome to log into your ATT email account and send an email to someone. Besides, ensure accurate ATT email settings for sending and receiving emails on your ATT email account successfully. You can verify the following ATT email settings on your computer:
- Select Settings and then Accounts
- Choose Add an account
- Complete entering your account information:
- AT&T email address (YourName@att.net)
- Password – enter your password
- Click on Connect.
- Incoming email server – imap.mail.att.net
- Port – 993
- Server requires SSL is selected
To update your Outgoing email server info, enter these details:
- Outgoing email server – smtp.mail.att.net
- Port – 465
- Server requires SSL is selected
- Outgoing server requires authentication is selected
- Use the same username and enter your password to send and receive email.
Alternate Fixes For ATT Email Problems
Now that you have read about some of the basic troubleshooting methods to resolve issues of ATT Email, read on to explore some more fixes that could be useful if the above-mentioned methods don’t work. The first way is by turning off your antivirus program. Instances occur when your antivirus interfere with other software as well as the email account on your device. Disabling it often resolves the issue and allows you to access ATT email. For instance, you have the Avast antivirus installed on your computer. To disable it, right click on the antivirus icon and choose the “Disable” option. You can set the antivirus disable period for 10 minutes, one hour, and many others.
Secondly, you can clear the browser cache and cookies to get rid of ATT email problems. To do this, first, click on the horizontal three dots icon at the upper-right corner of your browser. Next, click on More Tools and then select “Clear Browsing Data’ option.
In the next screen, you need to select the time length to clear data using the “From Time” range section. Also, clear the cache by selecting the appropriate option in the dialog box.
Select the option “Cookies and other site data” to remove the cookies. Perform the similar action for clearing the cache files on your browser. After performing these steps, try logging into your ATT email account and check if the problem persists.
In case you use Mozilla Thunderbird for your ATT email access, ensure that the ATT email settings for Thunderbird is correct. Also, check if the POP3 and IMAP settings in ATT email with Thunderbird are correctly configured. Here’s the POP3 email setting for ATT email on Thunderbird:
- Inbound settings in pop3: 995
- Outbound settings of pop3: 465
- Connection security: Yes
- Enter your name in the box in inbound settings
- Enter your name in the box in outbound settings
- Enter your password in the box
IMAP Settings for ATT EMail:
- The inbound account settings: 993
- The outbound account settings: 465 or 587
- Connection security: Yes
- Enter your name and password in the required field
ATT email problems could be problematic, especially when you need urgent access to your emails. As a first-hand approach towards the ATT email issues, you must ensure that the internet connection is stable. A poor internet connection will restrict you from browsing the internet. Second, you must check if the ATT email IMAP and POP3 settings are correctly configured. One incorrect entry and you will start facing unexpected errors with ATT email. Follow the various troubleshooting methods as listed in this article and ensure a seamless journey with your email in ATT email platform.