In this digital era, technology has a profound impact on our lifestyle. The social media platform like Facebook has completely changed the way we cooperate with the people. It has left nothing behind when it comes to the potential of a social media platform. Account security remains the most debatable concern among the users. Though Facebook is exceptionally secured and there are times when the user lost control over their account.
If you don’t want anyone to comment on your posts and other content, in that case, you can modify the Facebook settings and turn off comments on Facebook timeline, which lets you control both the words and activity. There are a couple of other things that you could do; such as block specific followers, curate your content, etc. Unfortunately, there’s no such button that can altogether disable comments on the Facebook timeline. You can make changes to your account settings on Facebook Profile. Now, let’s take a look at what you can do to disable Facebook Timeline comments.
Effective Steps to Change your Activity Settings
- The first step is to Sign-In Facebook on the web browser.
- After that, hover the arrows at the top right corner of the screen.
- The drop-down menu will appear before you.
- Now, you can Choose Settings and Go to Timeline and tagging on the left side panel.
- Now, you can choose who can post on your timeline and other privacy settings.
- Under Privacy settings, you can find an option to hide certain words in the comments section. You can also add some words that you don’t want to appear in your comments. This happens if someone wants to use abusive words, they can’t use them. You can completely stop a person from commenting.
- To hide comments from your timeline, you can even upload a file in CSV format containing all the words.
Steps to Edit Facebook Privacy Settings
- Open your Facebook in a Web browser and Sign-In to your account.
- Once you are signed in, Go to the drop-down arrow on the top right of your screen and choose the option– Settings.
- Under settings, you can change your privacy settings.
- Now, you can select the option that who sees your posts, and you can review tags before going live on your Facebook homepage or timeline.
Turn off Comments in Facebook Group
- You can turn off comments on Facebook groups and pages, but it can only be possible if you are the group admin or the post on which you wish to turn-off is posted by you.
- On the left-hand side of the Facebook page, you can click on the group you manage.
- Now, you can scroll through the page until you find the post and disable comments on it.
- Hit on the three-dotted icon in the upper right-hand corner, and choose the option– Turn off Comments.
- Unfortunately, you can’t turn off commenting section entirely for the website.
- If you have your own Facebook group, anytime, you can correct and delete comments with ease, so always stick to the pages that provide you administrative approval.
- You can also add the privacy settings to your group so that only the people you have chosen can comment on it in the group.
You can choose the people in your account who can comment on your Facebook timeline. If you want to select the option that your friends can only comment you, you have to make that person your friend whom you wish that he/she can comment on your timeline.